Advertisement

A man named by the coroner's office as the person whose body was found last month in a cistern at an abandoned home in the Lancaster area is in fact alive and officials have apologized to his family for the mishap, the Los Angeles County coroner's office said Friday.

The case dates back to July 2, when sheriff's homicide detectives were sent about 9:20 a.m. to the area of 220th Street East and East Avenue F.

A detective told a news photographer at the scene that a burned body was found inside a water cistern at an abandoned house. "The body was found (July 1) at about 4:30 p.m. by location film scouts," Sheriff's Homicide Bureau Detective Ray Lugo told the photographer. "They left the area at about 10:30 p.m., but did not make the call (until) some time (the following) morning at about 8:30 a.m."

Lancaster deputies confirmed the find and notified the homicide unit, Lugo said.

The Los Angeles County coroner's office identified the decedent as 26-year-old Adam Buckley, but it turned out the identification was made in error and Buckley was alive.

Read more.

Advertisement
Advertisement